Презентація уроку до теми “British food”
a) Repeat after me:
b) Match the opposites
- cooked fish a) thick soup
- fresh bread b) overcooked
- clear soup c) light meal
- dry wine d) hard drinks
- heavy meal e) tender meat
- tough meat f) stale bread
- soft drinks g) sweet wine
vegetables h) raw fish
c) Match the two halves of these expressions:
d)Are the sentences true or false?
1.You should use your knife to put food in your mouth.
- You shouldn’t play with your food.
- You should always wash your hands before you eat.
- You shouldn’t sit still at the table.
- You shouldn’t chew with your mouth open.
- You shouldn’t speak with your mouth full.
- You should talk on your mobile phone at the table.
- You should put your napkin on your lap.
Some nations are famous for their cooking. For example, in most French and Italian homes, meals are an important part of family life. But in the UK, a lot of families do not eat together. Parents and children eat snacks in front of the TV, or prepare their own food in the microwave at different times.
However, some traditional dishes are still very popular in Britain – for example, fish and chips. There are more than 8,600 fish and chips shops in the UK and they serve about 300 million meals every year. Restaurants and pubs often serve ‘Sunday lunch’: roast meat (beef, lamb, chicken, etc.) with roast potatoes and vegetables. And many British people sometimes eat a ‘full English breakfast’ of bacon, eggs, sausages, tomatoes and toast.
The British enjoy eating out, and on average, they spend f27 a week in restaurants. In a recent magazine article about the 50 best restaurants in the world, 14 were in the UK. However, most restaurants do not serve traditional British food. For example, there are about 10,000 Indian and 8,000 Chinese restaurants in the UK. Different styles of cooking from around the world are now part of British culture. In fact, the nation’s favourite dish is not roast beef or fish and chips – it is chicken curry!
A BULGARIAN SALAD
- Slice all the vegetables and put them in a bowl.
- Then slice the parsley and the fennel.
- Add then to the mixture.
- Add salt, vegetable oil and vinegar.
- Decorate the salad with cucumber, tomatoes and green onions.