План-конспект уроку з англійської мови (8 клас) на тему: “”The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The country and its capital.” з використанням різноманітних фотоматеріалів, мультимедійної презентації та запитань для географічної вікторини.
Тип уроку: урок формування вмінь і навичок
Підготувала Балабась Світлана Володимирівна, вчитель англійської мови Бородянської СЗОШ І-ІІІ ступенів № 1.
Програми для загальноосвітніх навчальних закладів та спеціалізованих шкіл з поглибленим вивченням іноземних мов «Іноземні мови. 2-12», К.:Перун, 2005. – 208 с.
Topic: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The country and its capital.
– to present new vocabulary;
– to consolidate new vocabulary ;
– to practice in reading, writing, listening and speaking;
– to develop students’ thinking, memory, imagination, attention and creativeness;
– to develop communicative abilities in different stuations;
– to discuss the problem.
– to brainstorm for interesting facts about Great Britain;
Equipment: pictures of interesting sights of Great Britain , Power Point presentations “London is the capital of Great Britain” and “Key-facts about Great Britain”, СDs , students’ projects, books and workbooks , quiz tasks, , multimedia blackboard.
– Good morning boys and girls. Nice to meet you at our English lesson.
– What do you know about Great Britain? ( Brain-storm activity).
– So, our lesson will be connected with the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and its capital. We’ll speak about its geographical position, history and the most interesting places. We are going to work with some texts, do different tasks, speak about some interesting places of Great Britain and present your project works.
– You’ll get tickets for your activity. At the end of the lesson you can change them into marks.
1) Mind Maps: Let’s name what English geographical names you know and what information you have found about them. ( Pupils show their works on the computer and tell their words in turn ).
2) Pictures: What interesting places are there? (Slide- show)
- Learning new words. Look at the screen and remember new words: kingdom, manufacturing city, the surface, to influence, administrative, agricultural etc.
- Geography Quiz. Would you like to check your knowledge of Geography and answer the questions of the quiz. Use the world Map if you want.
- Which island is the largest in the world? (Greenland)
- Which river is the longest in the world? (the Nile)
- Why is the largest ocean called Pacific? (By Magellan. It was absolutely calm during his round-the-world voyage.)
- What is similar between Kyiv, Ottawa and London? (they are capitals)
- Black, White, Red, Yellow….- what word can be added to each of these to put them all in the same group? (Sea)
- What countries make up Great Britain?
- Is there the capital of Europe?
- What another name has the English Channel?
- Is the UK the European country?
- Which island is the largest in Europe?
- a) preparatory work. Look at the screen and listen to the following geographical names. Read them together with the translation. Find them on the map.
- b) Read the text and write down the Key-facts about the UK.
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Official name;
- Countries making up great Britain;
- Great Britain is washed by…..
- 4 parts making up the UK
- The highest mountain
- The longest river
- Answering the questions about the text. Let’s work in pairs . Ask and answer with a partner, please.
What is the official name of Great Britain?
Where is it situated?
What parts does the UK consist of?
What parts does Great Britain consist of?
What city is the capital of Great Britain?
What is the surface of the country?
Are there any long rivers?
What is the highest mountain in Great Britain?
What is Great Britain washed by?
What is the climate of Great Britain?
- Нome task. Make up an essay about the geographical position and climate of the United Kingdom.
– Our lesson is going to the end.
– Now tell me what you have learnt at our lesson. ( Slide )
– I want to thank everybody who took an active part in our work.
– Our work was good and we’ll continue it at our next lessons.
– Good – bye! See you soon!