The celebration of St Valentine’s Day
- Good afternoon everybody! We are happy to greet you at our celebration.
- There are many different festivals, such as Saint’s Nicolas day, Mothering Sunday, Easter, Christmas and many others.
- Valentine’s Day is a very popular holiday too. St. Valentine is the patron saint of lovers, and on 14 February young men and women declare their feelings for each other.
- Today we are celebrating this holiday. It is interesting to know how this holiday came into being. Now I want to give the word to the pupils of the 10th
One legend contends that Valentine was a priest who served during the third century in Rome. When Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families, he outlawed marriage for young men. Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine’s actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.
Other stories suggest that Valentine may have been killed for attempting to help Christians escape harsh Roman prisons, where they were often beaten and tortured. According to one legend, an imprisoned Valentine actually sent the first “valentine” greeting himself after he fell in love with a young girl–possibly his jailor’s daughter–who visited him during his confinement. Before his death, it is alleged that he wrote her a letter signed “From your Valentine,” an expression that is still in use today. Although the truth behind the Valentine legends is murky, the stories all emphasize his appeal as a sympathetic, heroic and–most importantly–romantic figure. By the Middle ages, perhaps thanks to this reputation, Valentine would become one of the most popular saints in England and France.
- Valentine’s Day is a day for sweethearts. It is the day when you show to your friend or loved one that you care.
– You send candies, flowers or “valentines”.
They can be fanny and friendly.
- We have made the Valentine cards for you, and now I’ll distribute the valentines to you.
We would like to listen to your valentine’s words.
- So you see that some of the messages are serious, others are funny.
- You can also show your “sweetheart” that you care by singing a romantic song.
The song “LOVE STORY”.
- Well-done, girls, thank you very much.
- “You are the sunshine of my life…” Has anyone ever said that to you?
- Unfortunately, the words we use for the ones we love are much more ordinary. But just as they say the art of the good joke is in the telling –it all depends on who the magic words come from.
- Can you say the compliments?
- We need two participants, boy and girl. Your task is say the compliment to each other, taking out the matches from the apples.
- Thank you very much. These apples are for you.
- Boys, do you like candies? Who likes candies very much come here!
- Your task is to say the words “I love you” with the mouth full of candies. You take one candy and say the words, then second, third, and go on…
- The winner is…
- The next task for you is to find the pair. Take a piece of paper with the name and find a pair to it.
- Queen Elizabeth 2 – Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburg
- Diana Spencer – Charles, Prince of Wales
- Marian – Robin Hood
- Juliet – Romeo
- Jane Eyre – Mister Rochester
- Izolda – Tristan
- And now the gypsy gives the predictions for our pairs. You can read these predictions.
- 1 If you don’t say each other “I love you” ten times you’ll get bad marks.
- 2 If you don’t dance together you’ll get bad news.
- 3 If you don’t hop at the left foot 15 times you won’t go to the school canteen.
- 4 If you don’t find two girls with the blue eyes, you’ll clean the school corridor.
- 5 If you don’t find two boys with blond hair, you’ll water the flowers at the teacher’s room.
- 6 If you don’t tell us about yourself in English you’ll study English after school every day.
- Our next task is for girls. We need three girls for this competition. You must draw the heart with closed eyes.
- Well done, girls. And now three boys must draw the Cupid arrow on it.
- We have the best pair. And you have a prize.
- You can open this prize together. What you can read on it?
[Give it somebody who has the best dress today.
Give it somebody who has dark hair…]
Слідкуйте за новинами у месенджерах
- And now you must eat this prize together. Is it delicious?
- That is almost all for the present.
- And all that remains for us to say “Thank you for your attention”. Hope, Valentine’s Day put happiness in your hearts.
Коментарі із Facebook
Powered by Facebook Comments